Marianna Hagen’s book “Annals Of Old Ropley” was published in 1929. It’s long out of print and very few copies remain. An original has been carefully scanned and converted to be available on the internet. In the book there’s considerable coverage of the church and previous vicars, at that time — more than today — it really was the centre of the community. (Note: July 2014 – site completely revised using “Foundation” to be much more mobile and tablet friendly… Ron)
St Peter’s Church Ropley is a part of the The Diocese of Winchester which was founded in 676AD and is one of the five senior dioceses of the Church of England. The Diocese consists of about two thirds of the County of Hampshire and most of Bournemouth in the County of Dorset, excluding Portsmouth and the area immediately to its north and north-east. There are two archdeaconries, Winchester in the north and Bournemouth in the south, each administered by one of our Archdeacons. Each archdeaconry is then separated into administrative areas called deaneries, 6 in Winchester and 8 in Bournemouth.
The website for the village of Ropley
The website for the village of Bishop’s Sutton
Finalised in 2007, the Village Design Statement sets out clear and simple guidance for the design of all development in our village, based on its character. It is an advisory document produced by the village community, not by the planning authority. (Note: August 2014 – site given a makeover using “Bootstrap” to be much more mobile and tablet friendly… Ron)
Otherwise known as the Village Appraisal, “Ropley at the Millennium” was produced to take a snapshot of the village as we went into the new millennium (2000)